What is the Mobile Banking App?
Peoples Independent Bank’s Mobile App for smartphones and tablets makes your mobile banking experience even more convenient by providing you with the ability to easily access your accounts.
Get the PIB Mobile Banking App.
1. Enroll in Online Banking using your computer. Click ‘Enroll’ at pibonline.com to begin the registration process. You will need to review and accept the Online Banking Agreement and Mobile Banking End User License Agreement.
2. Clean up and secure your device. What all do your apps have access to? Are you really using all of them? Check out the Security Section below!
3. Download the app from the app store for your device.
Why download the app?
Easy access to Contact Information, list of services PIB offers, location finder and Mobile Banking at your fingertips! Wherever you go, Peoples Independent Bank is always within reach and available at your schedule.
Mobile Banking Activities:
- Check Balances
- Mobile Deposit
- Confirm Deposits
- Transfer Money
- Search Account History
- Edit Profile Settings
- Email Customer Service
- Set Up Alerts
Security is a must with Mobile Banking.
- Data is not stored on your mobile device.
- Automatic Time-Out. The App will automatically end your session after a few minutes of inactivity. You’ll just need to log back in once you want access again.
- App uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to transmit data. SSL is the industry standard for encrypting sensitive information when it’s transmitted over the internet and to your mobile device.
- Additional Security Layer. Peoples Independent Bank utilizes an additional layer of security by encrypting cookie information to be stored on your phone. The cookie information transmitted, along with IP address and device ID verification, allows our online banking site to help verify the user information.
Follow this Checklist to Create a Safer Mobile Banking Experience.
Tip 1: Set a strong password for your Online Banking account that is not duplicated anywhere else.
Tip 2: Have you cleaned up your phone lately? Not all apps are created equally. Make sure they are trusted apps and check your privacy settings for each app; what are you allowing them access to? Some apps can contain malware and spam, check who the developer of the app is!
Tip 3: Make sure you are using a secure Wi-Fi connection or your phone’s network, when using your Mobile Banking App.
Tip 4: Remember to log out completely from the app. But in case you forget, the app will end your session after a few minutes of inactivity.
Tip 5: Only download apps from official app stores such as the Android Market and the iTunes Store, links for the Peoples Independent Bank Mobile Banking App are provided above.
Tip 6: Enable Cookies in mobile browser. Check out the Additional Resources Section to learn how!
* Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.